1. What services does the CAO Senior Services department provide?
2. What are its goals?
3. Who is eligible for service?
4. Who do I contact for service or more information?
5. Do you provide transportation?
What services does the CAO Senior Services department provide?
- LINWOOD/OXFORD VAN SERVICE (LOVS) – Provides transportation for elderly persons residing in the Linwood/Oxford area. Seniors are able to keep medical appointments, participate in planned outings, and purchase food at local supermarkets.
- MEALS ON WHEELS – Delivery of hot meals to homebound elderly. http://www.mowfdnwny.org/
- FOOD CONNECTION – Delivery of a five-day supply of food each month to homebound elderly residents living in Erie County.
What are its goals?
To help the elderly obtain needed services; to provide the elderly with an opportunity to use their skills, experience and wisdom to enhance their quality of life and that of the community; to develop activities so the elderly won't be isolated and alone; and to advocate for adequate economic support and for health care that is affordable and responsive to the special needs of the elderly.
Who is eligible for service?
Any resident of Erie County who is aged 60 and over receiving social security, SSI or a pension as the sole source of income.
Who do I contact for service or more information?
Call Joyce Wilson at 716-886-2616. You may also visit the CAO Senior Services offices at 326 High Street.
Do you provide transportation?
Yes. Seniors should call 716-886-2616 and give as much information as possible. You should call at least 2 days prior to the date transportation is needed.